Drivers/Yard Help are responsible for the safe transport and delivery of landscape, irrigation, and earthwork materials in the metro area. Drivers/Yard Help assist in loading, transporting, and unloading material and equipment. Drivers/Yard Help are home nightly and receive new daily routes to different job sites, depending on needs.
Daily Responsibilities & Expectations
- Operates various types of equipment.
- Operates truck in a safe and professional manner on public highways, roads and on company grounds.
- Performs daily pre- and post-trip inspections on truck.
- Understands the basics truck maintenance.
- Keeps a clean truck.
- Utilizes technology and computer system for tracking route and hours.
- Communicates effectively with your crew leader.
- Strong attention to detail with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Ability to work extended hours- weekends and during inclement weather.
- DOT Certified or ability to obtain.
- Dependable & Punctual.
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines.
- Valid Driver’s License (Required) and clean driving record (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Class A License, or ability to obtain
- Ability to obtain CDL
- Working knowledge of trucks, trailers, securing loads, and machinery operations
- Prolonged periods of walking, stretching, bending, and kneeling
- Work in adverse weather including heat, cold, wind, and rain
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
Please note that these job requirements are subject to change as require
- PTO for full time employees
- Health care plan options for full time employees
- Year-round work opportunities
- Paid training
- Paid certification and licensing classes
- Long term growth and career advancement opportunities
- Team building and company wide events (grill outs, TopGolf, year end celebrations, etc.)
- Monday – Thursday; generally between the hours of 7:30am and 6:30pm. Weekends or overtime on an as-needed basis. Hours vary by month based on business demands.