Fertilization Technicians are responsible for ensuring lawn and landscaping projects are properly treated to prevent pests and invasive species, promote lawn health, and keep projects looking their best. Fertilization Technicians work by themselves or as a team to provide quality service to commercial and residential clients throughout the Metro area.
Daily Responsibilities & Expectations
- Follows and completes fertilization route each day.
- Carefully measures and applies chemicals according to product label.
- Operates ride on spreader/sprayers, lawn aerators, and backpack sprayers.
- Communicates and interacts with clients as necessary.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines.
- Valid Driver’s License (Required), with a clean record
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Valid MN Department of Agriculture Pesticide License, or ability to obtain
- Experience is a plus, but not required
- Stand for long periods of time
- Stoop, bend, lift, kneel, carry objects for short distances
- Work in adverse weather including heat, cold, wind, and rain
- Lift/ push 75 lbs without difficulty
- Twist body in shoveling and raking motion
- Wheelbarrow up to 200 lbs at a time
Please note that these job requirements are subject to change as required.
- PTO for full time employees
- Health care plan options for full time employees
- Year-round work opportunities
- Paid training
- Paid certification and licensing classes
- Long term growth and career advancement opportunities
- Team building and company wide events (grill outs, TopGolf, year end celebrations, etc.)
- Monday – Thursday; generally between the hours of 7:30am and 6:30pm. Weekends or overtime on an as-needed basis. Hours vary by month based on business demands.