Shop Mechanics assemble, maintain and repair machinery and vehicles, large and small engines. Mechanics are responsible for ensuring functionality and reliability of machines, engines and mechanical systems.
Daily Responsibilities & Expectations
- Builds and assembles machines or mechanical components according to requirements.
- Inspects machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
- Conducts repairs aiming for maximum reliability.
- Troubleshoots reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Performs thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems.
- Cleans and applies lubricant to machinery components.
- Replenishes fluids and components of engines and machinery.
- Provides consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users.
- Undertakes other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles etc).
- Maintains work logs, repairs, and maintenance records.
- Aptitude in using various hand tools and precision measurement tool.
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
- Strong attention to detail with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Valid Driver’s License (Required) and clean driving record (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar role
- Certification from a vocational school or trade school, preferred
- Stand for long periods of time
- Sit for long periods of time
- Stoop, bend, lift, kneel, carry objects for short distances
- Work in adverse weather including heat, cold, wind, and rain
- Lift/ push 75 lbs without difficulty
- Twist body in shoveling and raking motion
Please note that these job requirements are subject to change as require
- PTO for full time employees
- Health care plan options for full time employees
- Year-round work opportunities
- Paid training
- Paid certification and licensing classes
- Long term growth and career advancement opportunities
- Team building and company wide events (grill outs, TopGolf, year end celebrations, etc.)